Activism for Human Rights:
- Wajahat is a member of Amnesty international Italy since 2014 and working with several other NGOs to help people in need, through his activism.
- 2017: Italian Coalition Freedom and Civil Rights (CILD) rewarded him “Young Human Rights Activist CILD Award” for his campaign “Allah Loves Equality” and his courageous work for LGBT Rights in the Muslim world.
- 2018: He received death threats from unknown radicals for attending Gay Pride Milan and promoting the rights for Muslim LGBT community.
- 2018: A picture of Kazmi holding the placard of his LGBT campaign #AllahLovesEquality, was featured at Nobel Prize Museum in Stockholm during an exhibition regarding the life and work of Martin Luther King Jr.
- First Pakistani who raised voice against the rising trend of honor killing of Pakistani girls in Europe, his campaign “Truth For Sana” brought awareness about honor killing and about the dilemma of forced marriages of Pakistani girls living in the West.
- He attended more then 200 conferences all over the Europe for advocacy of human rights and influenced thousand of people in 11 countries by his work.
- His activism is not limited to LGBT rights or Women’s rights, but he also fought for Religious Minority Rights and the Freedom of Expression.
- 2019: A jury member of Walk for Rights Award held by Amnesty International.
- 2019: The Organizing Committee of “Roma EuroGames 2019“, in light of the commitment, the passion and merits in the fight for inclusion and equality for LGBTQIA people confers the title of Ambassador of Roma EuroGames 2019 to Wajahat Abbas Kazmi.